Monday, March 7, 2011

The Little Owl, ReDux

So, I did what I said I was going to do - I cut the owl out, and collaged him on a wooden panel.  Funny how deconstructing ones own work takes a huge leap of faith.  I decided to add the daisies as things didn't quite seem full enough in that space.  I'm wishing the bleeding hearts were against the blue sky instead of the brown...but that's something I can do differently next time. You see, as a beginner - I really am optimistic.  I just hope I don't look back in years to come with embarrassment.  For now, for where I stand now, I'm proud and excited about the possibilities. 

I've dedicated this little painting to my son Aidan: my little man who goes at his own pace.  I'm fiercely proud of him too.  My boys are my best work to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment